EAGLE SCOUT OF THE YEAR: Each year The American Legion recognizes the Eagle Scout of the Year. The nomination process starts at the Department level and state winners are advanced to National for consideration of the National Eagle Scout of the Year Award. The Eagle Scout of the Year for the Department of Arizona will be awarded a $1,500 educational scholarship. Winners of the National Award receive a $10,000 scholarship for first place, with three runners-up scholarship of $2,500. The deadline to submit nomination forms to the Department of Arizona Scouting Chair is March 1, 2022.
- Be either a registered active member of a Boy Scouts of America unit that is chartered to an American Legion post, American Legion Auxiliary unit or Sons of The American Legion squadron, OR
- Be a registered active member of any chartered Boy Scouts of America unit and have a parent or grandparent possessing up-to-date membership in The American Legion or Sons of The American Legion or American Legion Auxiliary, and in the case of a recently deceased member, their membership for the year immediately prior to the current year may be used, AND
- Received the Eagle Scout Award
- Received a Scouts BSA or Venturer Religious Emblem.
- Have demonstrated practical citizenship in church, school, Scouting and community.
- Have reached their 15th birthday and be enrolled in high school at the time of selection.
- Applied through the department (state) in which their Scout unit is chartered.
- Provide documentation of current BSA membership. (Membership must be valid for the year in which you are applying.)
Link to Nomination Form: https://www.legion.org/scholarships/eaglescout
Contact Gary Vaughan for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-696-1013