Reminders from Arizona Department of Health Services:
Please post and email out to your Post members.
Community and business partners, working together with local health departments, have an important role in slowing the spread of diseases in Arizona.
The actions you take and the plans you create today make a difference. The following content includes some important steps to protect yourself and others from getting and spreading COVID-19 in your community.
All members of the Arizona community should take the following precautions to protect themselves from respiratory illnesses, such as COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wear masks in public settings if they can be safely managed.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Use a bleach-and-water solution (0.1% solution; 1:50 dilution) or disinfectant with a label that says “EPA approved” for killing bacteria and viruses. Always follow directions on product labels.
If you are at higher risk for severe illness, you should avoid attending congregate settings. People at higher risk for severe illness include adults 65 or older and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions. These recommendations remain the best way to protect yourself and our communities as Arizona progresses through the phased reopening process.
For more information on laboratory testing, discontinuation of home isolation, and workplace and community-specific questions, visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Visitor Screening Protocol – ADHS
- How to Wash Your Hands / Spanish – ADHS
- Stop the Spread of Germs – ADHS
- Businesses and Workplaces – CDC
- Considerations for Events and Gatherings – CDC
- Guidance for Administrators in Parks and Recreational Facilities – CDC
- Agriculture Workers and Employers – CDC
- Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 – EPA
Arizona American Legion
(602) 264-7706 Fax (602) 264-0029
"Ora et labora et lege; Deus adest sine mora”. (Pray and work and read, God is there without delay)
How can you be connected? Call | Match | Learn
24/7 Support Line: 1-866-4AZ-VETS
If you are a Servicemember, Reservist, Guardsman or Veteran in crisis:
Please call the Military and Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 PRESS 1
or visit www.veteranscrisisline.net/get-help/military-crisis-line
For Coronavirus Arizona Business Resources visit: